Coaching is a one-to-one process and a relationship between an individual and a coach with specific objectives and goals focused on developing potential, improving relationships, and enhancing performance. Coaches honor the client as the expert in his or her life and work and believe every client is creative, resourceful and whole. Standing on this foundation, the coach's responsibility is to:
- Discover, clarify and align with what the client wants to achieve
- Encourage client self-discovery
- Elicit client-generated solutions and strategies
- Hold the client responsible and accountable
This process helps clients dramatically improve their outlook on work and life, while improving their leadership skills and unlocking their potential.
Horses as Coaches
Partnering with horses during the coaching process enhances learning to help clients discover their true potential.
Here are some examples:
- Gain personal awareness
- Build emotional intelligence
- Increase communication skills
- Harness personal authenticity
- Be fully present
- Connect with others to succeed
- Boost confidence
- Set clear goals and boundaries
- Safely process emotions and difficult situations.